As the pandemic situation evolves, we want to take a moment to assure our customers that we take the health and safety of our customers and employees seriously.
We are taking steps to increase cleaning at each of our office locations. We are also encouraging our employees to take precautions and self-isolate if they are sick or come in to contact with anyone with COVID-19. At this time all our offices are maintaining their current operating hours. If this changes, we will do our best to post an update.
How you can help
We ask that you reschedule or delay your insurance visit if:
- you have a fever, new onset of a cough, or difficulty breathing;
- you or anyone in your home has travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days; or
- you have been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus).
For local information on prevention and when to seek medical attention check BC Centre for Disease Control and follow the health and hygiene recommendations of the World Heath Organization.
If you are practicing social isolation, but still need to do business
- ICBC’s Notice to Renew sent by mail can be used to authorize someone else to attend the office to process a renewal transaction (no deletions of coverage are permitted and the policy must be paid in full by credit, debit, or cash.)
- Car insurance can be renewed up to 45 days ahead of your expiry date. If you are on monthly payments, your scheduled payment dates will NOT be changed by renewing early.
- ICBC offers an online estimating tool if you need to obtain a quote to plan your finances before attending one of our offices.
- While many car insurance transactions require you to be present in the office, if you are renewing or changing property insurance, many of the arrangements can be made instead by phone or email.
- Payments for property insurance can often be made with a credit card online or by phone as well as through online banking.