Peter F. Pook Insurance Agencies Ltd. is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals and recognizes the need of our clients and employees for the appropriate management and protection of any Personal Information that you agree to provide to us.
Our Privacy Management Plan includes guidelines on the collection, storage, use and retention of your Personal Information as follows:
- Collection: The organization collects personal information about clients in order to better manage its business. We will make all reasonable efforts to fully inform such individuals about the planned use/disclosure. We will limit the collection and use of personal information to that required for valid business purposes or to comply with legislation.
- Accuracy: The organization will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information it collects and uses is accurate and complete. Individuals providing personal information will have the opportunity to review and correct their personal information, and on written request by an individual to whom the information relates, the organization will modify the information as required.
- Storage: The organization will store personal information using hard copy and/or electronic means in such a way as to prevent unauthorized collection, access, use, disclosure or disposal of the personal information.
- Retention: The organization will establish a retention period for all personal information collected. This period may be related to legislation other than PIPEDA (Employment Standards and the Insurance Act for example).
- Disclosure: The organization will not disclose personal information unnecessarily to employees or any third party, unless the effected individual consents.
- Access: The organization promotes individual’s right of access to personal information about themselves. The employer will provide access to information upon request. Access will be provided according to established procedures.
In addition to the care that Peter F. Pook Insurance Agencies Ltd. takes directly, we are also working with all of our partner organizations that may at some point handle personal information gathered by us in the course of their relationship with and service to us. Each third party partner has agreed to meet our standards of privacy, confidentiality and security.
All employees and third party staff who in any way handle or manage Personal Information have acknowledged and agreed to adhere to our Privacy Code and the procedures that support that code.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.